Calling All USD Students: This is Your Chance to Change the World!
In the USD Social Innovation Challenge, The Center for Peace and Commerce (CPC) in partnership with the USD Changemaker Hub will promote, guide and support student driven ideas to launch a social innovation or contribute to an existing social enterprise, locally or abroad.
Round 1 Application: March 3, 2014
Round 2 Written Plan and Video: April 7, 2014
Final Pitch Judging: April 29, 2014
Awards Ceremony: May 2, 2014
What is Social Innovation?
With CPC support, students are responsible for developing working proposals for achieving the four Ps: People, Profit, Planet, and Peace. Enterprises may be non-profit, for-profit, or blended models.
Who Can Enter?
All USD students, graduate and undergraduate, are encouraged to participate. You can enter your idea at any stage of innovation: define, design, pilot or scale. Enter with a team or make a profile to recruit or join other teams on campus.
- Register and create a profile.
- Create or join a team.
- Complete your project page.
- Learn new skills and refine your ideas.
- Submit your innovation.
Compete for $50,000 Cash Prizes
- Completed entries due March 3, 2014.
- USD community judges select semi-finalists.
- Semi-finalists submitt full written plan and video by April 7, 2014.
- USD community judges select finalists.
- Finalists receive professional coaching and pitch their innovations in front of judges and a live audience.
- Winners announced at Awards Ceremony and awarded up to $50,000 in cash prizes on May 2, 2014!